Burton Bradstock Village
|About the Burton Bradstock
Notes on meetings can be seen in the
appropriate edition of the Bride Valley
Flower and Produce Show Report 2010
Bradstock's History from the Village Society - A collection
of nearly 200 historic photographs of the village and some associated
The Burton Bradstock Village Society was formed in May 1973
and is open to all parish residents
"The aim of the society shall be to protect and further
the interests of the residents and the amenities of the Parish of Burton
Bradstock (in conjunction with other organisations as appropriate)."
Typical Activities include:
- Monthly talks on a wide range of topics for the benefit and enjoyment
of parishioners. These talks are held in the Village Hall from September
to May each year.
- A major event is the Annual Flower and Produce Show held in July.
Entry to the competition is open to all parish residents, and the show
is open to all.
- Annual outing to place of interest
- Representing the view of parishioners on local issues e.g. planning
- Contributions to the village:
- e.g. Annual planting of daffodils in approaches to the village and
in communal areas.
Membership & entrance fees:
- £3.00 per member per annum
- Entrance fee to talks, including tea/coffee and biscuits is £1
President :- Nancy Bushell
Chair:- Valerie McRobert; Vice Chair:- Peter Broomhead, Hon Secretary:-Carol Lumley , Hon Treasurer:- Christine Clarke
Programme Secretary:- Prof. P. Howse.
Mrs. S. Adderley (Flower Show), Mr. R. Brown, Mrs. M. Miller