THE OPENING OF THE WOMEN'S INSTITUTE HALL, BURTON BRADSTOCK 1931
(Photograph provided by Mrs. Elizabeth Buckler Gale, May 1998, courtesy of Ms Susan Wheeler, granddaughter of the Reverend Wheeler)
Front Row (L to R): Mrs. Burwood, Mrs. Partridge, Lady Watson, Miss Dorothy Codrington (who lived at Gages House), Sir Robert Williams (Bridehead), Mrs. Williams (The Cot, Shipton Lane), Mrs. Downton, Miss Alice Fielding, Reverend Wheeler (Rector of Burton Bradstock)
Second Row: Mrs. Lorna Heenen (with bow tie), Mrs. Yvonne Burns. Behind & R of Sir Robert is Mrs. Shipp (Mr. Shipp was Head Gardener at Norburton for Mr. Sturdy)
Others believed to be in the photo are: Mrs. Ward, Mrs. Hunt, Mrs. Smith, Mrs. Haines, Mrs. Hope Kersell, Mrs. Northover.
(Miss Codrington and Miss Fielding were instrumental in having the Women's Institute Hall built)