Looking down Southover C. 1935
The old Dove Inn on the left - sadly now closed leaving just two pubs surviving in the village.
In the nineteenth century, Burton Bradstock boasted no less than 13 pubs! Plus, men made cider with
wooden presses in such places as the barn behind Shadrack cottages, at Wych, at Berwick Farm and
up in the old ruin behind North Hill called "Cowpers' Lodge".