Mr & Mrs William Gale outside the butchers C. 1920 Grove Road led to the 'Grove', home of and
centre of Richard Roberts' flax operations. It was also the site of the butcher's shop - here run by
W. Gale, whose descendants still live close by. The squealing and bellowing of animals being
slaughtered has been replaced by an elegant calm.