The PARISH CHURCH of St. Mary. The walls are of local rubble with dressings of the same material;
the roofs are covered with lead and stone slates. The Nave is of uncertain date, the earliest existing features
being the 14th. Century windows in the North wall. The Trancepts, Central Tower and North Porch were
built late in the 14th or early in the 15th Century. The Chancel was rebuilt early in the 16th Century, but the
South Wall has been rebuilt or refaced at a later date. The Church was extensively restored in 1897 when the
South Arcade and South Aisle were built.
Bells: six; 1st by James Smith, 1762; 5th by William Purdue, 1615; 6th by George Purdue, 1616.
Clock: In tower - in second stage, by Thwaites, London, 1788, altered by Thwaites and Reed, 1819; it came
from Christs Hospital, Newgate Street in 1902.